The North Carolina 4-H Honor Club Constitution and By-Laws includes information on membership, officers and committees, and other items of interest.
Download the current Constitution and By-Laws here: NC 4-H Honor Club Constitution
At Honor Club Conference 2022, there will be a proposed update to the Constitution and By-Laws to add a new member to the Board of Directors with the title of Communications Coordinator. The purpose is to split the current Historian position into two complementary roles that will allow the Board to better connect with Honor Club members.
You can read the proposed changes here: Proposed Changes to Honor Club Constitution/By-Laws
The most recent updates to the By-Laws were voted on at Honor Club Conference 2020, which was held virtually on Saturday, June 6, 2020. Additions and amendments include the following:
- Article XI: Section 6 was added to address the removal of an inactive board member.
- An addition was made to Article X: Section 3 under the Historian position to include the responsibility of managing Honor Club social media posts.
- Article XI: Section 2 was amended to change the number of district directors on the Board of Directors to two members from each extension district, as opposed to one.
The document included at the top of this page is the most current and up-to-date version. You can view previous versions of the Honor Club Constitution here:
- February 23, 2019 Version – Article II: Section 5 of the By-Laws was added to grant membership to 4-H members who have applied to Honor Club and met the requirements for membership, but pass away before they can be formally tapped into the organization.
- July 21, 2018 Version – Article XII of the By-Laws was amended to reflect the new amounts of Honor Club membership dues that took effect on January 1, 2019. Updates were voted on at the Honor Club member meeting at 4-H Congress 2018.
- July 29, 2017 Version – Changes were made to Article IV: Section 5 of the Constitution and Article II: Section 4 of the By-Laws. Constitution and By-Laws were formatted to maintain consistency and professionalism in both documents.