Every year, each of the five 4-H districts holds a District Activity Day, where 4-H members compete in district-level presentations, public speaking competitions, and 4-H Entertains talent acts. It’s a chance for 4-H’s best and brightest youth to shine, as well as gain confidence and valuable life skills that serve them long after their 4-H experience.
2022 District Activity Day Dates
- Northeast: Friday, June 17th
- Hosted by Currituck County
- Location: Currituck County Middle School, 4263 Caratoke Hwy, Barco, NC 27917
- North Central: Friday, June 17th
- Hosted by Wilkes County
- Location: Central Wilkes Middle School, 3541 NC-16, Moravian Falls, NC 28654
- South Central: Saturday, June 18th
- Hosted by Moore and Harnett Counties
- Location: Highland Middle School, 345 Highland School Rd, Sanford, NC 27332
- Southeast: Friday, June 24th
- Hosted by Duplin, Sampson, and Onslow Counties
- Location: Lenoir Community College, 231 North Carolina Hwy 58, Kinston, NC 28504
- West: Saturday, June 25th
- Hosted by Polk and Rutherford Counties
- Location: Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (AB Tech), 340 Victoria Rd, Asheville, NC 28801
How to Get Involved
Would you enjoy listening to NC 4-H’ers share their projects and giving them feedback on their presentation skills? Then presentation judging might be for you! Honor Club members age 21 and older can serve as judges in the various presentation categories and age groups.
Interested in judging? Fill out the Presentation Judge Interest Form here: https://forms.gle/EB4yEC6qP7DiAN9g8
For more information, contact Dr. Shannon McCollum at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you’ll consider being a valuable part of these exciting events happening statewide!
For information about judging State Presentation Finals, see our NC 4-H Congress page.
Thank you to all of our Honor Club members who volunteered at the 2021 District Activity Days!